Ingenico i6580 Terminal
Merchant Account Sales!
Start Accepting Credit Cards!
The Ingenico 6580 was designed to provide full color screen capabilities and the fastest, most secure customer checkout possible. It is built using the experience Ingenico has gained from being the world leader in customer-activated payments and our experience gained with the 6550. Large bright TFT color touch screen, screen addressable keys and simple colorful keyboard provide a foundation for rapidly guiding the customer through the transaction.
Customer-Activated Payment Terminal
The Ingenico 6580 was designed to provide the fastest and most secure customer checkout possible. It is built using the experience Ingenico has gained from being the world leader in customer activated payment.
- For those retailers that require electronic signature capture, the i6580 provides a robust capacitive color touch screen with electronic pen.
- The i6580's communication features and upgradeability make it the “price performance” leader in signature capture.
- The tactile keypad features raised symbols to enhance usability for visually impaired consumers.
- The i6580 is secure - PCI PED certified and Triple DES capable - providing peace of mind for both the consumer and the retailer.
- The i6580 is a robust and resilient terminal that will reduce the total cost of ownership and decrease overhead via electronic signature capture.
Proven, robust, intuitive and versatile user interface
- The Ingenico 6580 offers a color graphical screen with electrostatic signature capture. The i6580's glass screen has proven to be the most rugged and responsive surface for electronic signature capture available.
- The integrated tactile keypad features responsive, brightly colored keys making PIN entry or any other keypad functions simple and fast. The keypad also has raised symbols to enhance usability for visually impaired consumers.
- The i6580's comprehensive array of communication support enables the terminal to fit in any host device, network or LAN environment.
- Standard host communication protocols include RS232, RS485, USB/powered USB, and Ethernet. Resilient consumer and retailer security
- PCI PED certified and Triple DES capable.
- The i6580's keypad complies with Visa PIN Entry Requirements as well as all relevant ANSI standards regarding debit security.
- Support for Triple DES, DUKPT and Master Session key management.
- The i6580's smart card reader is EMV 4.0 approved, offering optimal interoperability and security.
- Next generation payment technologies available today
- Optional consumer friendly contactless reader appears as an integrated part of the existing payment terminal.
- Decreased transaction times provide value for both the consumer and retailer.
- The Ingenico Contactless Payment Module is certified to run with the following three programs:
- American Express ExpressPayTM
- Mastercard PayPassTM ISO 14443 and PayPass Mag-Stripe
Application (tested with eN-Touch 1000)
- Visa Contactless MSD
Integration made simple
- Fast and easy integration is assured via kits that utilize industry standards such as UPOS (OPOS/JPOS) and IBMEFT. Ingenico distributes several industry proven integration kits that reduce development time and provide easy access to device functionality.
|Display||Glass, TFT color screen using capacitive
technology with finger touch and electronic pen for
Glare resistant display is sealed to withstand
accidental spillage of liquids with no damage to the
|Keypad||15-key tactile keypad meets requirements for the
Keypad privacy shield included
|Memory||Standard 2MB RAM + 8MB Flash|
|Magnetic Stripe Reader||Triple track reader|
|Smart Card Reader||EMV Levels 1 & 2 approved (4.0)|
|SAMs||0 or 2|
|Connectivity (Standard)||Multi-protocol support on host port: RS232, RS485,
RS232 support on auxiliary port
|Security||PCI PED approved
ANSI standards include X3.92, X9.8, X9.9, X9.19,
Code Authentication providing secure application
DES and Triple DES PIN encryption
DUKPT and MasterSession key management
|Power||Unit can be powered from cash registers, powered
USB and standalone power supplies
|Dimension||19 x 15.8 x 7.6 cm (7.5 x 6.25 x 3 in.)|
|Weight||907 g (2 lb.)|
|Optional Contactless Uses the industry standard four programmable
Payment Expansion LEDs to indicate power-on and successful read
|Read Proximity Range of 0 - 4 cm (1.57 in.)
Radio Frequency of 13.56 MHz
ISO14443 Type A & B with Mifare support
Power provided by the host terminal
RS232 communications to host
Install in the field by simply replacing the foot of
[an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive]