Hypercom M4230 Terminal
Hypercom Optimum M4230
Merchant Account Sales!
Start Accepting Credit Cards!
Buy Now (New)
Buy Now (Refurb)
Hypercom's Optimum M4230 is a unique mobile terminal that offers GPRS connectivity in a compact design. Created to operate on the same terminal application foundation as the popular Optimum T4200 family, the M4200 series expands the 4200 range, adding mobility to the Optimum terminal family line. The M4230 incorporates a removable, extra long-life battery for extended use between charges.
The M4230 can be re-charged by connecting the charger directly into the terminal or through an optional charging dock that also provides dial backup.
This truly powerful device has combined all the best-of-breed features of the Optimum T4200 family into a mobile device using common software applications, user interface and supporting systems.
While meeting today's most stringent industry standards for wireless terminal security, the Optimum M4200 family also makes wireless easy and affordable when combined with Hypercom's Mobile Networking service. See why Hypercom is your Total Solutions, Total Security provider.
- PCI PED approved
- EMV L1 & L2 approved
- MasterCard PTSP approved
- RoHS compliant
- Interac approved
- Flea Markets
- Sporting Venues
- Attended Kiosks
- Vendor Stands
- Trade Shows
Portable, Secure Performance.
- Powerful - 32-bit ARM9 processor
- Fast - GSM/GPRS with V.34 modem via optional charging dock
- Functional - Full multi-application capability
- Easy-to-use and secure - PCI PED approved PIN pad
- Adaptable - Optional EMV card reader
- Hard Working - Extra long battery to meet the most demanding mobile requirements
- Complete - Hypercom Mobile Networking makes wireless easy and affordable
Point Of Service On The Go.
Simple, Easy To Use Features
- SureLoad® thermal printer design with clear lid alerts cashiers to low paper conditions. The simple drop-in loading virtually eliminates paper jams and the large paper roll means more receipts between changes
- Large, ADA-style, 19-key layout allows for easy key recognition. The Clear, Enter, Cancel and "5" keys provide tactile feedback for visually-impaired customers
- Slim form factor makes it perfect for handover installations for mobile merchants
- Color-coded port labels simplify service and support
- Industry-leading multi-application includes the functionality necessary to introduce value-added opportunities to merchants.
Fast, Time-Saving Performance
- Graphics-capable thermal printer ideal for printing logos and coupons directly at the point of service
- GSM/GPRS technology enables an always on connection for merchants to process transactions from anywhere, anytime
- V.34 modem available via optional charging dock
- The ARM9, 32-bit processor provides speed and functionality. It delivers four times the processing power and speed of the ARM7 processor used in competitive devices.
- can quickly evolve as market requirements emerge. Provides investment protection and are easy to replace for faster service
- With more memory, 24MB standard, than competitive devices in its class, the Optimum M4230 easily handles software size increases due to regulatory requirements as well as the addition of value-added applications
- Every M4200 family model is PCI PED approved for PIN transactions
- The bright, white backlit display utilizes superior display technology to achieve a sharper image for maximum visibility
- Check imagers, PIN pads and contactless check readers can be connected using the peripheral RS232 port on the terminal or the optional charging dock to provide more payment choices
- Secure design meets the most stringent security regulations in the industry, including EMV, Interac, PCI PED and PTSP. The HyperSafe®32 architecture provides the ultimate protection against any unauthorized loading of applications and safeguards your investment.
|Keypad||• 19 buttons; PCI PED approved; water splash-resistant
• 6 navigational buttons
• ADA-style markings
|Display||• FSTN LCD with graphics
• 160 x 80 resolution
• Graphics capable; backlit
|Card Reader||• Magnetic stripe: Bi-directional, Tracks 1, 2, & 3
• Chip card: Optional; EMV4.1 Level 1 & 2, ISO 7816
• Up to three SAM slots
|Printer||• SureLoad® clamshell design, drop-in loading, thermal technology, 384 dots per line
• 15+ lines per second
• Paper roll: 2.24", 50mm diameter
|Communications||• Primary: Class 1 Bluetooth
• Ports: RS-232 for peripherals
• Access point: RS-232 for pairing; V.90 dial or IP
|Memory||• Flash: 8MB
• SDRAM: 16MB
• SRAM: 512KB (non-volatile)
• SRAM Backup: 5-year battery
|Power||• AC: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
• DC: 7.5V, 2.8A
|Encryption||• PCI PED approved
• Triple DES: ANSI X9.52, PIN-ANSI X9.8, MAC-ANSI X9.9 Part 1-ANSI X9.24
• Key management: DUKPT, Triple DES DUKPT and Triple DES master/session keys
|Footprint||• 3.62 in (w) x 8.24 in (l) x 2.59 in (h)
• 91.95 mm (w) x 209.3 mm (l) x 65.79mm (h)
|Weight||• 1.34 lbs / .60 kg (Terminal only)|
|Environment||• Temperature: 0-45°C/32-115°F
• Humidity: Max 85%, non-condensing
• ESD: 12,000 volts
[an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive]