Hypercom Artema Hybrid Terminal
Hypercom Optimum T4230
Merchant Account Sales!
Start Accepting Credit Cards!
Buy Now (New)
Buy Now (Refurb)
Hypercom's Optimum T4230 is a unique wireless terminal that offers GPRS connectivity in a countertop design. Wherever there is access to a power outlet, but limited or no access to dial or other wired communications, the Optimum T4230 fills the need. Experience all the benefits of a wireless connection in an affordable countertop model. Hypercom has combined all the best-of-breed features of the Optimum T4200 family into this wireless device.
Need the assurance of a dial modem to go with your wireless terminal? The Optimum T4230 has a V.34 modem standard in every model. Whether you choose to use dial or wireless with dial backup, the Optimum T4230 is ready to go.
The Optimum T4200 line of terminals from Hypercom also meets today's most stringent industry standards for wireless security.
- PCI PED Approved
- EMV Level 1 & 2
- MasterCard PTSP Approved
- Interac Certified
- RoHS & China RoHS Compliant
- Flea markets
- Sporting venues
- Attended kiosks
- Vendor stands
- Trade shows
Portable, Secure Performance.
- Powerful - 32-bit ARM9 processor
- Fast - V.34 modem standard
- Functional - Full multi-application capability
- Easy-to-use and secure - PCI PED approved PIN pad
- Adaptable - Optional EMV card reader
Point of Service on the Go.
Simple, Easy to Use Features
- SureLoad® thermal printer design with clear lid alerts cashiers to low paper conditions. The simple drop-in loading virtually eliminates paper jams and the large paper roll means more receipts between changes
- Large, ADA-style, 19-key layout allows for easy key recognition. The Clear, Enter, Cancel and "5" keys provide tactile feedback for visually-impaired customers
- Slim form factor makes it perfect for handover installations
- Color-coded port labels simplify service and support
- Industry-leading software includes the functionality necessary to introduce value-added opportunities to merchants.
Fast, Time-Saving Performance
- Graphics-capable thermal printer allows merchants to print logos and coupons directly at the point of service
- V.34 modem allows you to place this unit as a dial first - IP later and gives the assurance of dial backup to IP
- The ARM9, 32-bit processor provides speed and functionality. It delivers four times the processing power and speed of an ARM 7 processor used in competitive devices.
- Depot-upgradeable, modular communications provide a flexible platform that can quickly evolve as market requirements emerge. Provides investment protection and are easy to replace for faster service
- With more memory, 24MB standard, than competitive devices in its class, the Optimum T4230 easily handles software size increases due to regulatory requirements as well as the addition of value-added applications
- Every T4200 family model is PCI PED approved for PIN transactions
- The bright, white backlit display utilizes superior display technology to achieve a sharper image for maximum visibility
- Check imagers, PIN pads and contactless card readers can be connected using the peripheral port to provide more payment choices
- Secure design meets the most stringent security regulations in the industry, including PCI PED and PTSP. The HyperSafe®32 architecture provides the ultimate protection against any unauthorized loading of applications.
|Keypad|| 19 buttons; PCI PED approved; water splash-resistant
6 navigation buttons
|Display|| FSTN LCD with graphics
160 x 80 resolution
Graphics capable; backlit
|Card Reader|| Magnetic stripe: Bi-directional, Tracks 1, 2, & 3
Chip card: Optional; EMV4.1 Level 1 & 2, ISO 7816
Three SAM slots
|Communications|| Primary: GSM/GPRS
Ports: RS-232 for peripherals, PIN port for external PIN pad; Line port for Telco
|Printer|| SureLoad® clamshell design, drop-in loading, thermal technology, 384 dots per line
15+ lines per second
Paper roll: 2.25", 50mm diameter
|Memory|| Flash: 8MB
SRAM: 512KB (non-volatile)
SRAM Backup: 5-year battery
|Power|| AC: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
DC: 7.5V, 2.8A
|Encryption|| DES: Visa PED approved; PIN-ANSI X9.8, MAC-ANSI X9.9 Part 1-ANSI X9.24
Triple DES: ANSI X9.52
Key management: DUKPT and master/session keys
|Footprint|| 3.6 in (w) x 8.1 in (l) x 2.3 in (h) /
91.44 mm (w) x 205.74 mm (l) x 58.42 mm (h)
|Weight||1.06 lbs / 0.48 kg|
|Environment|| Temperature: 0-45°C/32-115°F
Humidity: Max 85%, non-condensing
ESD: 12,000 volts
[an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive]