Hypercom L4250 Terminal
Hypercom Optimum L4250
Merchant Account Sales!
Start Accepting Credit Cards!
Buy Now (New)
Buy Now (Refurb)
Here's compact streamlining at its best: the Optimum L4250. Easy to use and attractive at the same time, using Hypercom's innovative, dual-sided, bi-directional magnetic stripe reader means your customers won't have to deal with frustrating fumbles. In fact, you get accurate card data reads well beyond the nominal swipe-speed range so you can reduce lanes slowdowns and cashier interactions.
The unit's large, easy-to-read LCD screen not only offers outstanding signature capture, it lets you communicate branding and merchandizing messages quickly. Custom screens are easy to update and let you extend loyalty campaigns and promotional specials.
The Optimum L4250 not only looks fast, it is fast - its Intel XScale® 32-bit processor rockets transactions to the ECR/payment device. It also supports advanced communications like USB and Ethernet for even faster transaction speed. This is how you turn every lane into the fast lane.
- Regional chains
- National chains
- Independent grocers
- Drug stores
- Specialty markets
Race-Track Speed. Security In Every Lane.
- Proven Forms Processing Engine - Assured rapid integration
- Intel XScale® 32-bit processor - Fast transaction speed
- Streamlined space-saver - Small footprint
- PCI-PED approved - Online PIN code verification
- Permanent privacy screen - Maximum customer security
- DES/Triple DES DUKPT - Secure key management
Speed-Of-Solution With Full Functionality and All The Trimmings
Fast Performance Comes Standard
- Speeds customer check-out with optional dual-sided, bi-directional magnetic strip reader, for 99.99% first-read rate when customers swipe their cards
- Maximizes transaction time through fast data transmission: Intel XScale® 32-bit processor, RS-232, and powered USB port
- Adapts to new payment methods: the Optimum L4200 can be configured with an integrated ISO 14443 A & B contactless RF reader and EMV-approved, ISO 7816-compatible chip card reader
- Allows proven POS integration, screen creation, customer-activated signature capture and remote terminal management via state-of-the-art Hypercom FPE32 software
Customer Security on Every Lane
- Maximizes security with Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT) key management and Message Authentication Code (MAC)
- Protects valuable cardholder PINs with fast Data Encryption Standard (DES) and Triple DES for secure encryption
- Complies with California's Financial Code for visually disabled persons
Usability Arrives with Cost-Effectiveness Built In
- Gives customers easy signature space and onscreen graphics with an economical 220 x 80 16-shade grayscale display
- Extends usable life-cycle with 100,000-hour backlight
- Uses non-powered stylus, without on-board electronics, to reduce replacement cost significantly: you avoid a common industry breakpoint
- Maximizes unit life and minimizes returns for repair due to screen damage thanks to its auto-sensing screen protection system
- Offers superior clarity with unique Terrapin overlay: its resistance to tacking and scratching means it lasts far longer than anti-static material
- Saves time and money, since on-premise screen protector replacement means there's no need to send terminals to the factory to replace glass screens
Replacement Stylus and Tether
Lets you replace worn stylus with new component on location.
Replacement Screen Protector
Replaceable on site to restore signature-area protection.
RFID Test Card
Allows you to test systems, train managers and employees.
Intel XScale 200 MHz, 32-bit processor
|Keypad||Elastomeric: 13 color-coded keys, water splash-resistant, hard keycaps Attached privacy shield.
Touch screen with screen protector. Screen protector absence sensor prohibits use without screen protector in place.
|Card Readers||LCD: 220 x 80 pixels, 16-shade grayscale|
|Card Reader||Magnetic stripe: Bi-directional, Tracks 1, 2 & 3 (standard); dual-headed card reader (optional)|
|Communications||MiniDIN port: RS-232 with power-in; Client USB IBM-retail with power-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet RJ-45 connector (optional) USB Host (optional)|
|Buzzer||4.0 KHz (peak)
70 dB minimum level at 1 ft.
|Memory||4MB Flash / 8 MB SDRAM|
|Power||AC: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz DC: 12 V @ 500mA or 24 V @ 250mA (estimated)|
|PIN Encryption||DES: Visa PED approved; PIN-ANSI X9.8, MAC-ANSI X9.9, Part 1-ANSI X9.24 Triple DES: ANSI X9.52 Key management: DUKPT and 12 master/session keys|
|Footprint||8.22 in x 6.06 in x 2.36 in / 20.9 cm x 15.4 cm x 6.0 cm|
|Weight||1.29 lbs / 0.59 kg|
|Environment||Temperature: 0-45 C / 32-115 F Humidity: Max 85%, non-condensing ESD: 12,000 volts|
|Reliability||100,000 hours (MTBF calculated)|
UL/cUL listed (UL60950-1)
[an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive] [an error occurred while processing the directive]